We are so excited to be telling you about Etude Lounge, the Best LA Beauty Salon, rated by us (and the other 100+ yelpers). Etude Lounge is definitely the best kept secret here in LA. I’m a former Toni & Guy hair model, and used to frequent their salon monthly for hair treatments, color, and cut. My hair always looked fabulous after my Toni & Guy sessions, however the tab was always upwards of $300 +.
It took a lot of research (and guts), for me to take the plunge to try out Etude Lounge. I’m sure many of you gals can relate, since choosing a new hair stylists can be a tad bit stressful. If you’re like me, you’ve at least experienced a couple of bad haircuts in your lifetime. So, finding a skilled hair stylist (who listens to what you want) is not only important, but detrimental if you care how your hair will turn out. =)
Here are the things we loved about Etude Lounge:
- Staff was friendly and very personable. The customer service here, rivals any of those Beverly Hills salons (minus the snootiness).
- My stylist Jay, was very skilled and he listened to my needs. He added layers, kept the overall length long, and also took the time to style my hair nicely (with Toni & Guy hair products).
- The atmosphere was relaxing, luxurious, and felt just like a spa. They personally come over to offer you tea, cookies, and magazines while you wait. There is also an Apple computer area, so you can peruse the Internet as you wait for your stylist.
- The front desk will check in your purse, or you can store your items in a personal locker.
- Last, but not least, the price is very reasonable. $40 for cut with a regular stylist, and $50 for a tenured stylist like Jay. Addtl hair treatments like coloring, perm, and bridal styling, will cost you extra. Please contact Etude Lounge directly for pricing.
Also, I found out that Etude Lounge offers services in nails and facials as well. However, our review is purely on the hair styling services. Try Etude Lounge and let us know what you think! It’s best to make an appointment in advance, and if you need an English speaking stylist, please tell them while you’re booking.