The cosmetic industry is flooded with all these wonderful products to help our lashes look sexy, longer, and fuller. With so many choices, what’s a girl supposed to do! Here’s our quick guide to help you determine which option is best for you!
I’m wearing Chloe by Lash Royalty. Available online for $15.
False Eyelashes by Lash Royalty, Shu Uemura, MAC, etc.
- Easy to apply, remove, and semi-permanent.
- Available in many styles, depending on the look you want to achieve (natural, sexy, or somewhere in between).
- No silly side effects, unless you’re allergic to the glue you purchase separately.
- Finding the right style that compliments your eyes.
- Learning how to apply it evenly.
- Most are one time wear, because the band is thin. Lash Royalty and Shu Uemura offer high quality lashes, and can be reused several times. Hey, Oprah does it too!
- $ Quality eyelashes will run you $15-$25 per set.
Eyelash Extensions @ the salon.
- Long and natural lashes, semi-permanent.
- Lasts 3-4 weeks. Varies from person to person.
- Dramatic difference in only 1 – 2 hr. appointment.
- With long term wear, many clients reported their natural lashes falling out.
- Requires a technician to apply the lash extensions.
- Lash extensions can fall out, leaving an ugly uneven pattern of lashes.
- $$ Costly (Each application session ranges from $150 and up) Prices may vary.
Eyelash Growth Serum by Latisse.
- Clinically proven results.
- More growth, resulting in extra thickness and/or length.
- Easy to apply, don’t have to worry about removal.
- Permanent side effects (increased brown pigmentation of the colored part of eye).
- Itching, redness, and/or dryness of the eyes.
- Once you stop using the serum, your lashes will eventually go back to its original state.
- $$$ Expensive (1 month supply for $120/60 applications/30 per eye) Prices may vary.
*other brands of eyelash serums do not require a prescription, and side effects may vary*